Dental veneers can be ideal solution to brighten or improve smile
Are you thinking of enhancing your smile?
Perhaps your teeth are discolored, worn down or chipped/broken?
Perhaps your teeth are badly aligned, irregular or you have a diastema (a gap between teeth)?
Ceramic veneers can be the good solution to sort out these problems.They are thin ceramic shells which are cemented to the front teeth. Only little amount of a tooth enamel (1.3-1.5mm) needs to be removed to prepare a tooth for veneer. After preparation, a dentist will take a print of the teeth and will send it to a dental laboratory where veneers will be fabricated.
Whatever your reasons, you should know advantages and disadvantages of veneers.
Ceramic veneers advantages
- Wonderful smile
- Natural teeth appearance and resistance to stains
- Longevity of dental veneers (ceramic veneers) is about 10/15 years
- You get your dream smile in 7/10 day
- Ceramic veneers are easy to maintain
- Ceramic veneers make your teeth stronger
Ceramic veneers disadvantages
- The procedure of veneers is not reversible
- Ceramic veneers can be more expensive than composite bonding.
- Your teeth can become more sensitive to hot and cold as some enamel is removed
- They may have different shade in compare with the color of your natural teeth.
- If you want to do teeth whitening you should have it done before dental veneers procedure.
- If you grind your teeth it can cause them to chip or crack course of pressure. In this case, veneers cannot be fixed
- If you bite or nails or chew hard food veneers can pop off
To know more about ceramic veneers contact Modern Dental Care.